MA883 Digital Refractometer for Wine and Grape Product Measurements
MA883 measures °Baumé. The MA883 is optical instrument that is based on the measurement of the refractive index of a solution. The measurement of refractive index is simple and quick and provides the vintner an accepted method for sugar content analysis.
Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with steam distilled water (starter bottle provided with your unit).
Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the grape. This digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
The instrument utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation.
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual level display along with icons for Low Power and other helpful message codes.
Key features include:
• Dual-level LCD
• Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
• Easy setup and storage
• Battery operation with Low Power indicator
• Automatically turns off after 3 minutes of non-use
• Single-point calibration with steam distilled water (starter bottle provided with your unit)
• Waterproof models offers IP65 waterproof protection
• Quick, precise results readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds
• Small sample size as small as 2 metric drops